Clinics We Offer
In addition to general consulting, a number of specialised clinics are in operation.
All midwife appointments now take place at Ayrshire Maternity Unit
Booking visits can be arranged by contacting Ayrshire Maternity unit on 01563 825411 from 09:00 – 16:00 Monday to Friday. Please note this number is not manned at any other times.
The midwife will explain at your first visit how your care will be organised during your pregnancy.
Child Health Surveillance & Vaccinations
- 6 Weeks Developmental/Physical are carried out by the Health Visitor and the Doctor at separate appointments.
- Childhood vaccination is done by the Health Visiting staff in the practice at a pre-arranged appointment allocated by child health. Any enquiries relating to child immunisation appointmetns please contact child health on 01294 317263
- Well Baby Clinic - Please contact your Health Visitor for information on these clinics.
Nursing Staff Appointment
The Practice Nurses offer appointments every day. They offer a wide range of services including dressings, injections, immunisations, blood tests, removal of stitches, dietary advice, weight control counselling, blood pressure checks, cervical smears, Well Woman and Well Man checks. They also work with the doctors to provide regular review clinics for patients with high blood pressure, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, and heart disease.
Please consider an appointment with one of the nursing staff, as an alternative to a doctor's appointment if your requirements fall into one of these categories.
Other Clinics Offered
- Asthma Clinic
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Contraceptive Advice
- COPD Clinic (Chronic Chest Disease)
- Diabetic Clinic
- Epilepsy Clinic
- Heart Disease Review Clinic
- High-blood-pressure Clinic
- Second-line Monitoring in Rheumatology
- Smoking Cessation Advice
- Basic Travel Vaccination
- Warfarin Monitoring Clinic
- Well Person Check-ups
The practice has a full range of diagnostic equipment including ECG machine, Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor, Spirometry, and minor surgery equipment to enable us to provide as full a service as possible in-house.
We provide a practise-based anti-coagulant monitoring service for patients on Warfarin therapy who prefer to attend the practice rather than a hospital out-patient clinic. We aim to keep up-to-date with medical advances, and to provide a chronic disease monitoring service.
Regular audit is undertaken of chronic disease management and other aspects of clinical and administrative work.