We continually monitor our appointment system to ensure that patients can book appointments in advance.
We also provide a number of on the day “emergency” appointments. These should be used for items which need to be seen that day and cannot wait. It is helpful for the GP / ANP to know why you need seen the same day and therefore the Receptionist will take a short history and enter this into your electronic patient record. This ensures that you will be seen in a timely manner regarding your problem. Please note that all appointments for a GP or an ANP are a 10 minute slot.
There are various alternatives to a GP appointment
- Eyecare Ayrshire for eye problems
- Pharmacy First for patients aged 16 – 64 with symptoms of a UTI
- Pharmacy First for patients aged 2 years and over with Impetigo
- Direct Care service for minor illness which can be accessed at all the pharmacies in the area
- Know Who To Turn To When Ill leaflet provides information on various services
See links at the right hand side of the page