IMPORTANT INFORMATON FOR PATIENTS
CHANGES TO APPOINTMENT SYSTEM
As a practice we strive to provide the best care to all our patients. Therefore we regularly review how we offer appointments. Over the years this has changed on numerous occasions and we feel that we need to make a further change in order to allow patients to have access to more pre-bookable appointments.
From Monday 22 May 2017 we will be offering more routine
We would appreciate your patience during this transition period and we would hope that over the next few months that patients will be able to access routine pre-bookable appointments more easily and timeously.
We will still provide a number of on the day “emergency” appointments. These should be used for items which need to be seen that day and cannot wait. It is helpful for the GP to know why you need seen the same day and therefore the Receptionist will take a short history and enter this into your electronic patient record. This ensures that you will be seen in a timely manner regarding your problem.
There are various alternatives to a GP appointment
- Eyecare Ayrshire for eye problems
- Pharmacy First for patients aged 16 – 64 with symptoms of a UTI
- Pharmacy First for patients aged 2 years and over with Impetigo
- Direct Care service for minor illness which can be accessed at all the pharmacies in the area
- Know Who To Turn To When Ill leaflet provides information on various services
See links at the right hand side of the page